Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Friday 9 April 2010

Angora Knitting

Spent the Easter week interstate with daughter and our grandchildren - now need a holiday to recover!

Thought I'd share my angora hand-knits with you. All are very vintage inspired - the 2 baby bonnets you've seen before, but here they are with the ribbons on.


The "gothic" one got grey velvet with a touch of palest pink - very Victorian. The "Petal" bonnet got just the palest pink ribbon but with visible stitches in the angora yarn as decoration.

I also made a bolero / shrug for granddaughter. I have lots of vintage patterns for pretty angora boleros - they were much 'the mode' in the 1950s. However, they were mostly for much older children ... angora is not so practical for a toddler! So I had to invent my own pattern and I'm pleased with the result.

The fronts tend to roll so it is more shrug than bolero - which is good, as it keeps the angora from getting dribbled on :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment