Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Saturday 4 July 2009

Domestic Goddess Status

My daughter bakes her own bread so she definitely qualifies as a Domestic Goddess - well baking bread just ain't my thing but I think I have finally achieved Domestic Goddess-ness because ... I've successfully darned a sock.
What a thing of beauty! the sock is hand-knitted too, from Regia self-patterning sock yarn and it is about 6yrs old, worn at least once a week, with boots ... a wonderful yarn ! Regia has been taken over by Patons - I hope the quality is still the same.

I bought a wooden darning mushroom years ago and was waiting for the opportunity to darn ... finally the heel of one in this pair went to holes and the 2nd was very thin and about to go ... darning both socks only took about 1.5hrs ... needle weaving in and out over the mushroom while feeling exceptionally Domestic Goddess-like :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment